- Please check whether your Wi-Fi router is on.
- Check farther down the list of Wi-Fi names.
- Restart your Wi-Fi router.
Restarting your router can be useful for fixing a number of Wi-Fi issues.
Important: You won’t be able to access the Internet until your router has finished restarting.
How to restart your router:
- Unplug your router’s power.
- Wait for 10 seconds, then plug your router back in.
- Wait a couple of minutes, or until you see steady power and connection lights.
After your router has restarted, try connecting your Airmega to your Wi-Fi network again.
More pointers about your Wi-Fi router:
- Please move your Airmega closer to your Wi-Fi router and try again. If your Airmega is too far away from your Wi-Fi router, it could be out of range.
- Please check for wireless interference. Wireless interference can be caused by having many Wi-Fi devices in the house, too many Wi-Fi networks in the area, or even a big metal object between your Airmega and the router.